A group of Canadian pilgrims will be going to Quito next January. Please, join them!
This Pilgrimage to Quito centers on a novena of preparation for the grand feast of Maria of Buen Suceso of the Purification, on February 2nd.
For 9 days, each morning at 5 am there is a rosary procession and other prayers.
The statue of Maria of Buen Suceso of the Purification was miraculously completed and consecrated in 1611.
As a preparation to the consecration of the statue in 1611, Bishop Salvador de Ribera of Quito organized this novena, in which sermons were preached about the Blessed Virgin Mary to the inhabitants of the city. Understanding this title of Our Lady concerns primarily the religious life, the Bishop intentionally employed the Religious to preach these sermons.
While this particular custom has ceased, our morning rosary processions seek to revive this spirit by going to the various religious houses of the city. During this novena, we will process to nearly 20 different religious communities.
- At 5:00 a.m. daily Dawn procession.
- At 8:30 a.m. daily sacrifice of the mass.
- At 10:30 a.m. outing to one of the nearby sites. These sites are all within walking distance. Entrance fees are usually between $3-$5 per site, and the cost is covered directly by the pilgrim.
- From 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. pilgrims have free time. You may explore the city, and see the many places and churches that are not on the official schedule.
- At 5:30 p.m. Spiritual Conference.